God is so cool! And I'm laughing as I'm writing this because it sounds so simple, yet for some reason I'm always surprised and re-reminded of this "simple" fact when something like this happens:
For the past few weeks/month, I've really been feeling like God was calling me to work in a youth-group like setting mentoring young girls. Now, this is a bit strange because I have never really been a regular part of any one "youth group" since elementary school. My close friends have always served as my support system and faith community-- both formally with a small group we formed in high school and informally in every other way. But anyway, I felt like I should contact an old small group leader who works with Campus Life. So after procrastinating a good deal, and God reminding me several times, I finally sent a Facebook message to her asking if she knew of any churches in the area looking for interns/volunteers to work with junior high girls.
This is what she sent back: "Amazing that you asked... I was just asked by [[a youth pastor at a church near me]] if I know any college girls who might want to chill with Jr Hi girls .... Um, wow... makes me wonder if there might be a God or something!"
hahaha. You have to love those moments. I don't know why they always surprise me, but I love it when they do. One day I hope to live everyday with the expectation that God will do amazing things, but in the mean time, I just I can't wait to see what He's up to. :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment