"Humility is essential to mission."
"Jesus didn't have to have it all together."
"Jesus didn't have to have it all together."
Britt Merrick - Missio Christi | Seek from Reality on Vimeo.
I keep listening to this message series (find them ALL here) from Reality Carp. church over and over again. I especially love this one about the radical humility and love Jesus demonstrated in his willingness to break down cultural boundaries to reach people.
The whole series is really good— Britt has really unique insight into the life and mission of Jesus. If you only have time to watch a few of them, I'd also recommend "Call."
The whole series is really good— Britt has really unique insight into the life and mission of Jesus. If you only have time to watch a few of them, I'd also recommend "Call."
I just saw a really interesting video that has apparently gone viral of a guy doing spoken word poetry about hating religion but loving Jesus (which I found to be a little confusing but thought provoking since to me they're both pretty much the same thing). There is an interesting article and discussion attached to it as well. Might be cool to check out.
ReplyDeletehttp://pietrosquared.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/why-i-love-jesus-and-religion/
They played that video at church this morning, and I love it! I think he makes a great point that religion has become more about rules and practices than Jesus intended it to be. Unfortunately, many people never experience faith in the radical, relational and grace-filled way that Jesus talks about because they focus more on what the guy says is "religion."
DeleteThe discussion is really interesting though! The writer makes a lot of good points. In the end, I think, like a lot of things, the truth falls somewhere in the middle. You only really get the full picture in the Bible. :)