Monday, May 10, 2010

a million ways to change the world

I am constantly amazed at the ways in which people can use their passions to make a difference in the world— like these athletes who serve victims of human trafficking.

Often times I find myself thinking I'm not qualified enough to really serve people. I think, "I don't have a law degree or counseling training, and I practically pass out at the sight of blood... What good would I be to those suffering from injustice." But this gives me hope that anyone can make a difference, regardless of their "qualifications." In fact, God gave us our random passions and talents for a reason (to bless others, not just for us to enjoy for our own benefit).

I hope one day he'll show me a way to change the world by crocheting or dancing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment